The Master's degree in Material Science is a free access course.
- Applicants for admission onto the Master's Degree in Materials Science must be in possession of a Bachelor's Degree, obtained in Italy or abroad, in one of the following subjects: Materials Science, Chemistry, Physics or Industrial Engineering. In the case of foreign degree certificates, the degree must be recognized as equivalent to an Italian Bachelor's Degree according to Italian legislation. More information about Recognition of academic qualification.
- Knowledge of English is strictly required, and applicants are also expected to have basic Information Technology (IT) skills (e.g. text elaboration, use of datasheets, etc.).
- Applicants will be asked to attend an interview before their place on the Master's course can be confirmed. This is in order to verify that they possess the required level of knowledge.
The following picture will briefly describe the admission requirement procedure. More information on the enrollment procedure for Italian and foreign candidates can be found in the "How to apply" section.
Students who want to apply the Master's Degree in Material Science must be in possession of a Bachelor Degree, or an equivalent University degree of the duration of at least 3 years or another title obtained abroad, recognized as suitable.
To possess a Bachelor Degree in one of the following Categories: Science and Chemical Technologies (Classe 21 Scienze e Tecnologie Chimiche (D.M.509/99) L-27 Scienze e Tecnologie Chimiche (D.M. 270/04), Science and Physical Technologies (Classe25 Scienze e Tecnologie Fisiche (D.M. 509/99), L-30 Scienze e Tecnologie Fisiche (D.M. 270/04), Industrial Engineering (Classe10 Ingegneria Industriale (D.M. 509/99) L- 9 Ingegneria Industriale (D.M. 270/04).
For the students who obtained a Bachelor’s Degree abroad, they will be accepted is the degree is considered similar to one of those listed above. Candidates who possess an academic title obtained abroad must apply through the procedure of the Athenaeum.
For the enrolment to the Master's Degree and to the interview there is an Evaluation Test to which all the applicants have to apply, either those who already have a Bachelor Degree or those who are close to obtain it. The enrolment to the Test is considered as a reservation to the interview.
The enrolment to the Evaluation Test will be opened on
from 4th July 2022 at 9.30 am until 2nd December 2022 at 11:00 pm
The candidate will have to access to MyUnito and under the window "Enrolments" he will find the section "Evaluation test". Here the candidate will have to indicate to which interview he/she wants to participate. Those who are already students of the university of Turin are already registered, all the others first have to register on the Unito portal. In the case the candidate does not possess a Bachelor’s Degree yet, he/she has to upload a self-certification of the Degree with all the exams and the enrolment to the missing exams.
The dates for the interview on-line are the following:
September 13, 2022 at 9:30 am (on-line)
September 26, 2022 at 9:30 am (on-line)
October 20, 2022 at 2:00 pm (on-line)
December 12, 2022 at 2:00 pm (on-line)
Students from the Bachelor degree in "Scienza e tecnologia dei materiali" obtained at the university of Turin are exempted from the oral interview. However, they have to enroll to the evaluation test befopre the deadline.
Once the admission test is passed, the candidate will need to proceed with the enrollment through the online procedure on the website www.unito.it, respecting all the administratives deadlines :
The Enrolment procedure to this master degree will be open to be defined
The successfull Enrollment to the Master's Degree depends on a positive results at the interview.
To ask a support and/or extra timing according to the Law 104/92 and to know which certifications to provide
Observe the Service of the Atheneaum for
and organize a meeting with the Office Students with Handicap and SLD in order to
- plan at the best your introduction to the University (in the months of June-July)
- verify your certifications
- obtaine necessary information on the procedure and the timing for the pre-enrollment and on the instruments and supports you have the right to take advantage of.
Contacts : firstname.lastname@example.org